Rules and Regulations
A.Side Giveaway (the “Contest”) Official Rules & Regulations
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. This Contest is sponsored by A.Side, a division of Blue Ant Media Partnership (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. This contest is open to residents of Canada (EXCLUDING the province of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older. Employees of the Contest Sponsor(s) and their respective immediate families, employees, advertising, and promotional agencies are also excluded.
3. The Contest opens on, or around, August 22, 2017 at 12:00 noon (EDT) and closes September 19, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) (the “Contest Period”). Only eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be entered in the Contest and eligible to win a prize. Entrants’ completed online registration form will serve as the entry ballot for the Contest.
4. No purchase necessary to enter. Online access, provision of an entrant’s contact information, and a valid e-mail address are required in order to participate. Enter by logging on to http://ontheaside.com/category/contests during the Contest Period and fully completing and submitting the ballot. All ballots must be received no later than September 19, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (EDT). LIMIT one entry per e-mail address/household.
All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Rules; the unauthorized subscriber(s) will be disqualified. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be requested to provide the Contest Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Rules and be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsors, which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
The Contest Sponsors accept no responsibility for entries which are lost, misdirected or delayed for any reason. Nor is any responsibility assumed for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including (but not limited to), malfunction, human error, lost/delayed/garbled Internet/e-mail transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone, technical, network, online, or hardware or software or any combination hereof. The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Contest: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) noncompliance with these Contest Rules; and (3) any other act which the Contest Sponsors determine, at their sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity of the contest.
5. There are eight (8) prizes available to be won, consisting of two (2) tickets to Broken Social Scene’s Toronto performance at Concert Hall on October 13.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not substitutable, transferable or convertible to cash.
Prizes will be shipped to the contest winners within 30 days of the winner being verified and confirmed.
6. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The eligible winners will be selected in eight (8) separate random draws from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period on September 19 at 10:00 a.m., (EDT), at Blue Ant Media’s head office: 130 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario, General Conditions. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) prize.
7. All entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way.
8. All entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors.
9. In order to win, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a timelimited, mathematical, skill-testing question administered by telephone or e-mail.
10. To be declared a winner and claim the prize, the potential winner must be reachable by email within two (2) business days following the random draw at the email listed on the entrant’s online registration form. No telephone contact or correspondence with entrants will be entered into except with the potential prize winners.
11. Should the potential winner not be reached during the two (2) business day period for any reason, or if the potential winner does not meet all of the contest conditions as set out herein, the prize(s) shall be automatically forfeited by that potential winner.
12. If the Contest Sponsor is unable to award the prize, it will be considered null and void and without value.
13. In addition, before being declared a winner, the selected entrant (or the selected entrant’s parent/legal guardian if the selected entrant is a minor) may be required to sign a declaration and release from liability in favour of the Contest Sponsors. Failure to sign and return the declaration and release from liability to the Contest Sponsors within the deadline established by the Contest Sponsors will result in forfeiture of the Prize with no liability to Contest Sponsors, in which case the Contest Sponsors may pick an alternate eligible winner by random draw and in accordance with the procedure outlined above.. The winner agrees to permit the Contest Sponsors to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, or likeness without further compensation to the winner, in any publicity carried out by Contest Sponsors.
14. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to replace the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. In addition, subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the rules or administration of this Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection of computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other failures that in the Contest Sponsors’ sole opinion corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
15. The winner(s) releases the Contest Sponsor), as well as their advertising and promotional agencies, from liability for any damage or prejudice arising out of the awarding and use of the prize.